Chicken and Rice

1 - 6oz. box uncle Ben's long grain and wild rice original recipe, cooked according to package directions
4 cups cooked chicken, diced
2 - 10 3/4 cans cream of chicken soup
1 cup sour cream
2 teaspoons curry powder, or to taste
1 - 8oz. package Pepperidge Farm cornbread stuffing mix (the little crouton looking things)
1 stick real unsalted butter

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Layer the rice in the bottom of a greased 2 quart baking dish. Layer the chicken on top of rice. Mix soup, sour cream, and curry powder and pour evenly over chicken. Sprinkle stuffing mix over top of casserole and dot with small pats of butter. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until bubbly.

I have not made this recipe in ages, but I got an order for something like it so I thought I would add it to my blog! It is so easy to just throw together. The stuffing on top soaks up the butter and adds a little crunch and lots of flavor! I use Rotisserie chicken to save myself some time. I always buy 2 chickens when I go to costco.  I bring them home, take all the chicken off the bone and freeze it in baggies. Then I always have cooked chicken on hand to whip up any recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment