J'nets Broccoli Cheddar Soup

2 teaspoons granulated chicken bouillon
1 quart hot water
1 onion, chopped
1 head of celery, chopped
1 (20 oz.) bag of frozen broccoli florets
2 cans of Cream of Chicken Soup
1 Pound Velvetta, cubed
1 stick of butter
milk or half and half
grated cheddar cheese
salt and white pepper

1. Melt the butter in a stock pot or dutch oven
2. Add the onion and celery, saute until tender
3. Add the broccoli, cook until just tender
4. Add the water, cream of chicken soup, and bouillon
5. Bring it up to a boil, boil for 5 minutes stirring frequntly
6. Reduce heat to low and add Velvetta cheese
7. stir until cheese is melted.
8. Remove from heat, add salt and pepper to taste, and serve immediately. Garnish each bowl with grated cheese.

** If your soup is too thick you can add milk or half/half until the right consistency. Soup should be very creamy. Do not let this soup simmer or boil after you add cheese, it will scorch very easily and ruin the taste.

1 comment:

  1. Gena- I love your blogspot. Your dishes look divine and I can hardly wait to start making a few. What I appreciate the most is that your receipes are made with simple ingredients that I can find in my local grocery store. I don't have to go to a specialty store or spend a lot of money to make a great meal. I look forward to making a bacth or two of your sangia and sharing it with my girlfriends. You shared this with us during a recent visit and I really enjoyed it! What a great way to unwind on a hot day with a cool beverage. Thank you! ~Kimberly Funk

    ReplyDelete