Granny Ree's Pound Cake

1/2 pound real butter
1 3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
5 eggs
3 cups all purpose flour

Mix butter, sugar, and vanilla together until smooth. Add eggs one at a time blending just until mixed. Add flour. Bake in a greased and floured bundt pan at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
This cake truly does weigh a pound or two! Don't over bake it or it tends to be dry. I like to serve it with fresh strawberries and whipped cream.

My Granny Ree was a really good cook. She lived in Aransas Pass, Texas and when we would go visit her she always took us crabbing and then we would come home and have a crab boil. My favorite part was seeing all the different kinds of crabs we could catch in one day. I miss my Granny so much, she was a really good Grandmother, and she always had something yummy for us to eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment