Pink Jell-O Salad

1 can crushed Pineapple, drained well (save 1 cup juice)
1 large package Wild Strawberry Jell-O
24 large marshmallows
1 cup cold water
1 cup of small curd cottage cheese
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1 container extra creamy Cool Whip
Fresh Strawberries for garnish

Combine juice and Jell-O in large saucepan, stirring to dissolve Jell-O. (you can add a little water to juice if needed to make 1 cup) Add marshmallows and cook over low heat until marshmallows are melted. Add cold water and transfer to serving dish (9X9). Place in refrigerator until partially set and completely cooled. Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Return to fridge for at least 3 hours. garnish with fresh strawberries."

My Mother made this every year for Thanksgiving and now I make it every year. My kids make sure that I always have it on the table. Its not that it is an exceptionally good recipe, its just a tradition. Now my daughter Caitlin will make it for her family this Thanksgiving! One year my husband happen to be in the kitchen (which is rare when football is on) while I was making this and noticed that I was putting cottage cheese into it....he said "oh gross, I have been eating that every year and I never knew that was in there!" he still eats it!

No comments:

Post a Comment