Raspberry Marzipan Bars

These are a Christmas must have at my house...Caitlin would kill me if she came home and I did not have a batch of these waiting for her!
This recipe is from my dear friend (and old neighbor) Peggy Arola. Peggy and I both have 11 years olds that were born in May and then ended up pregnant again at the same time with our 5 year olds who are 5 weeks apart! We don't live right next door anymore but I still consider them my neighbors!

4 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 cups butter, softened
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons almond extract (use the good kind for this)
1 2/3 cup light brown sugar
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1 Tablespoon milk
1 - 8oz. jar of raspberry jam (use Smuckers seedless)

Preheat oven to 350 Degrees F. Grease and flour a 9X13 pan, set aside.
Combine 2 1/2 cups flour, 2/3 cup brown sugar, and 1 cup butter. Mix until crumbly. Press into prepared 9X13 pan.
Bake for 15-20 minutes or until slightly brown. Remove from oven and spread jam to within 1/2" of sides of pan.
Combine 1 1/2 cups flour, 1 cup brown sugar, 1/2 cup butter, 1/4 tsp. salt, and 1 teaspoon almond extract. Mix until crumbly. Sprinkle over jam. Bake 20-25 minutes and cool completely.
Combine powdered sugar, milk, and 1 teaspoon almond extract in small bowl until well blended. Drizzle over cooled bars. Cut into small squares.

No comments:

Post a Comment