Broccoli and Cheese Casserole

1 onion chopped
2 Tablespoons butter
19 oz. package of frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
2 cups cooked rice, instant works fine
2/3 cup Velvetta cheese, cubed
dash of Worcestershire sauce
1 can of Cream of Mushroom soup
salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Saute onion in butter until transparent, then add Broccoli. Mix rice, Cheese, Worcestershire sauce, soup and salt and pepper in with the broccoli and onion. Heat on lowest setting until cheese is completely melted. Pour into a greased 9 x 13 pan. Bake at 350 degrees approximately 25 minutes or until sides are bubbly.

*This is a recipe that my Mom makes every year for Thanksgiving. I have eaten this every year for as long as I can remember, and what is funny is she never makes it any other time! I make it a couple times a year at least. My boys are not huge broccoli fans, but I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment