Pecan Tassies

Basic Tart Dough

1/2 cup butter, softened
1 package (3oz.) cream cheese, softened
1 cup all-purpose flour

Mix butter and cream cheese until well blended. Add four (I use my hands for this so you can really work the dough). Cover tightly with saran wrap and chill at least 1 hour.

Filling:

2 Tablespoons butter, melted
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups chopped pecans

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Shape tart dough into 1 inch balls. Place balls of dough into mini-muffin pan (24 muffins). Dip tart shaper into flour and then press into center of dough to form tart shell. (be careful not to press to hard) If you don't have a tart shaper you can use your thumbs. Fill tart shells evenly with filling mixture. Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan immediately using a butter knife to go gently around edges. Cool on wire racks.

** I always double or triple this recipe because my family will devour these! My neighbors always ask if I am going to make them as well. This recipe is definitely one of our Holiday traditions.**

No comments:

Post a Comment